MASK CORNER PLACES STILL AVAILABLE
A new venue that more than meets the needs of our delegate members. Please visit the following website:
First class speakers, who will cover the results of major research that may change the way sleep apnoea is treated, actions that patients can take to better manage their sleep apnoea and the results of clinical research that SATA members have contributed to.
The Mask Corner, staffed by some of the best sleep clinicians in the country, will solve your mask problems quickly and efficiently. Bookings will open soon (N.B. This is not a routine servicing stop for you and your CPAP, but is for people with what may seem almost insurmountable problems)
Refreshments will be served throughout the day and lunch will have a variety of choices to suit all requirements.
- New exciting location at a state of the art , purpose built, fully air conditioned and modern conference centre.
- Ample and free parking.
- 12 miles to the east of Bedford on the A1 at the junction with the A428 to Cambridge. Click here.
- Close to St. Neots and Sandy rail stations, with a 10 minute taxi ride.
- Outstanding accessibility to all areas on one level, especially for wheelchair users. Click here
- Presentation hall with capacity for at least 300 delegates , cabaret style ( round tables with an open end towards the stage)
- Outstanding Audio Visual facilities throughout.
- Exhibition space allowing stands almost double the size of previous SATAday conference.
- Conference restaurant that can serve 300 delegates in one sitting.
- Accommodation is available at the Woodlands Event Centre Hotel (4*). There is an 10% off promotion with the online hotel booking sites at present and so please take advantage while it lasts.
The Programme & Speakers – updated 10th Oct 2019
09.00 Registration, tea/coffee – visit Stands and Mask Corner Session 1
09.50 Move to the Rosewood Suite
10.00 Introduction & Welcome. Bill Johnston, Chairman
10.05 MOSAIC, PREDICT, ROSA and MERGE – What have patients taught us over a decade?
Professor Mary Morrell, Imperial College and Brompton Hospital, London
10.50 Sleep apnoea research – What Next?
Dr Annabel Nickol, Consultant, Consultant in Respiratory Medicine, Oxford
11.00 The Patients’ Voice – Can we communicate better through our website?
Sulaiman Alsaif, Imperial College, London
11.10 Comfort Break
11.25 In need of help with healthy aspirations?
Kate Boys, Health Promotion Practitioner Specialist, Health Promotion Practitioner Specialists, Here for
12.15 Manufacturers’ New Products.
Blake Marsh, Sleep Physiologist, Oxford
12.30 LUNCH plus visit Exhibition Stands, Mask Corner Sessions 2 & 3, SATA Help & Advice Desk
14.00 Part 1 – The Hidden Burden of Sleep Apnoea.
Part 2 – Can sound waves help diagnose obstructive sleep apnoea?
Florence Barkats, Clinical Research Director, Imperial College/Acurable, London
14.30 SATA Question Time.
Panel Chairman – Chris Rogers
15.30 SATA AGM
16.15 Conference Halls Close
- The regular supporters of the SATAday conference, CPAP manufacturers, MAD and Patient Support companies with
their latest products and services, as follows:
– Drive DeVilbiss
– Fisher & Paykel
– Intus Healthcare
– Lowenstein Medical
– Philips Respironics
- SATA Help and Advice desk to deal with difficulties such as the DVLA, travel problems, patient waiting times, etc
- “Here for Health” Stand from the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
NB. Bookings for SATA members and their guests only on a first come basis – so book now to be sure of a place
SATA Members £25 per person
Their guests £25 per person
To book online Click here
To book by phone, call 0800 025 3500
To book by direct bank transfer download this form SATAday 2019 Postal & Direct Transfer Application Form, fill in the details, scan and send to firstname.lastname@example.org and transfer the funds or post the form to the address on the form
To book by post and pay by cheque download this form SATAday 2019 Postal & Direct Transfer Application Form and fill in the details.