Absolutely amazing, an excellent informative day, a really useful enjoyable day: just some of the comments on SATAday 2017
SATAday 2017 took place at the John Radcliffe Hospital Academic Centre, Oxford, on 7th October 2017.
Almost 300 patients and partners attended Britain’s largest patient conference run by patients, in a day of total immersion in the world of sleep apnoea.
By attending they discovered:
- Solutions to your problems with sleep apnoea
- Were able to talk to specialist nurses
- Sorted out their mask problems at the Mask Corner
- Heard about the latest medical developments
- Saw the latest CPAP equipment
- Discussed matters with manufacturers and experts
- Participated in SATAday Question Time
- Met other sleep apnoea patients & shared experiences
- Had an excellent lunch, plus tea & coffee available at times during the day
- It was for members and guests only but many joined SATA to attend
- It only cost them £20 per person
SATAday 2016 – 300 patients, partners and guests attend Britain’s biggest patient conference
On Saturday 15th October at the John Radcliffe Hospital Academic Centre, Oxford, 300 patients, partners and guests attended Britain’s biggest patient conference, and immersed themselves in a day devoted to the treatment of sleep apnoea.
Presentations from Professor Mary Morrell of Imperial College , London, Dr Annabel Nichol of the Oxford Sleep Unit, Dr Christopher Turnbull, St. Johns College , Oxford, Professor John Stradling from the OSA Alliance and Sam Backway from the Swindon Sleep Service, produced an intensely interesting morning session. In the afternoon, a BBC style Question Time session, produced searching questions for the panel of experts and several new ideas.
The manufacturers of CPAP equipment supported the event with stands and the Sleep Apnoea Trust wishes to thank, Drive DeVillbiss, Fisher & Paykel, Intus Healthcare, Philips Respironics and ResMed for exhibiting exciting and interesting new equipment on the day.
The Mask Corner, where patients could get complex CPAP and mask problems solved was fully booked and treated over 50 patients during the day.
Some of the comments received were as follows:
“The whole meeting exceeded all my expectations – really excellent”
“Many thanks for a great day”
“Very good and free parking facilities”
“Well organised and informative”
“Met some lovely people”
“My first conference and truly excellent – thank you and we will be back next year”
“Thank you for a wonderful and beneficial day”
“It was our first conference and was great”
“A big thank you”