Annual Conference and AGM of the Sleep Apnoea Trust Association (for Members and their guest only)
THIS IS A SLEEP APNOEA EVENT FOR PATIENTS AND PARTNERS
North Staffordshire Medical Institute
Stoke on Trent
This years venue is a 13 minute bus ride from Stoke on Trent Railway Station
and 8 minutes by car from Junction 15 of the M6, with good parking.
Delegate price is £25 and this includes lunch and refreshments
SATAday 2018 – Provisional Programme – may be subject to change
Doors Open 09.00
Visit the manufacturers stands and see their latest products, get advice from sleep specialist clinicians, purchase SATA merchandise, talk to our Travel Expert and above all, meet other patients and partners.
Morning Session from 10.00
The role of jaw advancement devices for OSA.
Dr Aditi Desai, President of the British Society of Dental Sleep Medicine (BSDSM)
OSA and diabetes.
Dr Sonya Craig, Consultant in Sleep Medicine, Aintree University Hospital, Liverpool
Lunchtime Session from 11.45
The world of Sleep Apnoea - R&D update.
Dr Annabel Nickol, Consultant in Sleep Medicine, Oxford University Hospitals
Manufacturers’ product update.
Blake Marsh, Physiologist, Sleep Unit, Oxford University Hospitals
Chris Rogers, Sleep Apnoea Trust
Afternoon Session from 14.15
SATA Question Time:
Chaired by Chris Rogers, SATA with a panel of expert Consultants and Advisors
AGM and Summing Up from 15.15 approx
Bill Johnston, Chairman SATA
- Manufacturers will have their latest equipment on display and be able to answer your make specific questions.
- Specialist physiologists and nurses will be available between the sessions to answer your questions.
- There will be a multi station Mask Corner where you can have your mask problems solved (bookings by appointment only and please bring your machine and mask).
- The Travel Desk will provide you with solutions to your travelling with CPAP issues.
- The SATA Committee will be available to discuss and issues you have.
- Sale of SATA merchandise.
- Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
- Free parking for the early arrivals and disabled (please advise when you book)
BOOK NOW ----- FULLY BOOKED
Click on the SATAday tab, fill in some details and pay online
OR CALL CHRIS ROGERS ON 0800 025 3500 OPTION 3 TO BOOK BY PHONE.
If you are not a member, join now by clicking on this link
Absolutely amazing, an excellent informative day, a really useful enjoyable day: just some of the comments on SATAday 2017
SATAday 2017 took place at the John Radcliffe Hospital Academic Centre, Oxford, on 7th October 2017.
Almost 300 patients and partners attended Britain’s largest patient conference run by patients, in a day of total immersion in the world of sleep apnoea.
By attending they discovered:
- Solutions to your problems with sleep apnoea
- Were able to talk to specialist nurses
- Sorted out their mask problems at the Mask Corner
- Heard about the latest medical developments
- Saw the latest CPAP equipment
- Discussed matters with manufacturers and experts
- Participated in SATAday Question Time
- Met other sleep apnoea patients & shared experiences
- Had an excellent lunch, plus tea & coffee available at times during the day
- It was for members and guests only but many joined SATA to attend
- It only cost them £20 per person
SATAday 2016 – 300 patients, partners and guests attend Britain’s biggest patient conference
On Saturday 15th October at the John Radcliffe Hospital Academic Centre, Oxford, 300 patients, partners and guests attended Britain’s biggest patient conference, and immersed themselves in a day devoted to the treatment of sleep apnoea.
Presentations from Professor Mary Morrell of Imperial College , London, Dr Annabel Nichol of the Oxford Sleep Unit, Dr Christopher Turnbull, St. Johns College , Oxford, Professor John Stradling from the OSA Alliance and Sam Backway from the Swindon Sleep Service, produced an intensely interesting morning session. In the afternoon, a BBC style Question Time session, produced searching questions for the panel of experts and several new ideas.
The manufacturers of CPAP equipment supported the event with stands and the Sleep Apnoea Trust wishes to thank, Drive DeVillbiss, Fisher & Paykel, Intus Healthcare, Philips Respironics and ResMed for exhibiting exciting and interesting new equipment on the day.
The Mask Corner, where patients could get complex CPAP and mask problems solved was fully booked and treated over 50 patients during the day.
Some of the comments received were as follows:
“The whole meeting exceeded all my expectations – really excellent”
“Many thanks for a great day”
“Very good and free parking facilities”
“Well organised and informative”
“Met some lovely people”
“My first conference and truly excellent – thank you and we will be back next year”
“Thank you for a wonderful and beneficial day”
“It was our first conference and was great”
“A big thank you”