Annual Conference and AGM of the Sleep Apnoea Trust Association (for Members only)
At the John Radcliffe Hospital, Academic Centre, Oxford, OX3 9DU
BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT – places still available
SATAday 2017 will take place at the John Radcliffe Hospital Academic Centre, Oxford, on 7th October 2017.
Doors will open at 09.00 and close at 16.30.
It is Britain’s largest patient conference run by patients and is a day of total immersion in the world of sleep apnoea.
What you can learn on this day will possibly improve your whole OSA & CPAP experience.
- Find solutions to your problems with sleep apnoea
- Talk to specialist nurses
- Sort out your mask problems at the Mask Corner
- Hear about the latest medical developments
- See the latest CPAP equipment
- Discuss matters with manufacturers and experts
- Participate in SATAday Question Time
- Meet other sleep apnoea patients & share experiences
- An excellent lunch is served with tea & coffee available throughout the day
- Members and their guests only
- £20 per person
- Bookings now open
- SATAday 2017 contact phone: 0800 025 3500 Option 3
PROVISIONAL PROGRAMME (subject to change)
Doors open at 09.00, so you can collect you badge and conference pack, have a tea or coffee and visit manufacturers display stands. You will have also have time during the day to visit the stands and see the latest equipment on display, talk with Sleep Nurses about your experiences and relax.
Mask Corner appointments start at 09.15 and close at 16.00 (pre-booking essential)
- SATA AGM – Bill Johnston, Chairman, Sleep Apnoea Trust
- Manufacturers’ New Products – Sam Backway SRN, Sleep Specialist Nurse, Great Western Hospital, Swindon
- The Changing Face of UK Sleep Medicine – Dr Annabel Nickol – Consultant, Oxford Centre for Respiratory Medicine
- Sleep Matters: Why do we sleep and what to do when sleep is unrefreshing despite effective CPAP? – Dr Zenobia Zaiwalla, Consultant, Neurophysiology, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
- The World of Sleep Apnoea – an R&D Update – Dr Chris Turnbull, Oxford University
- Driving and the DVLA Update – Sleep Apnoea Trust
- Beginners Basics – Dr Maxine Hardinge – Consultant, Oxford Centre for Respiratory Medicine
- SATA Question Time Panel Chairman – Chris Rogers, Sleep Apnoea Trust
- Summing Up, Prize Giving – Bill Johnston, Chairman, Sleep Apnoea Trust
Doors Close at 16.30
SATAday 2016 – 300 patients, partners and guests attend Britain’s biggest patient conference
On Saturday 15th October at the John Radcliffe Hospital Academic Centre, Oxford, 300 patients, partners and guests attended Britain’s biggest patient conference, and immersed themselves in a day devoted to the treatment of sleep apnoea.
Presentations from Professor Mary Morrell of Imperial College , London, Dr Annabel Nichol of the Oxford Sleep Unit, Dr Christopher Turnbull, St. Johns College , Oxford, Professor John Stradling from the OSA Alliance and Sam Backway from the Swindon Sleep Service, produced an intensely interesting morning session. In the afternoon, a BBC style Question Time session, produced searching questions for the panel of experts and several new ideas.
The manufacturers of CPAP equipment supported the event with stands and the Sleep Apnoea Trust wishes to thank, Drive DeVillbiss, Fisher & Paykel, Intus Healthcare, Philips Respironics and ResMed for exhibiting exciting and interesting new equipment on the day.
The Mask Corner, where patients could get complex CPAP and mask problems solved was fully booked and treated over 50 patients during the day.
Some of the comments received were as follows:
“The whole meeting exceeded all my expectations – really excellent”
“Many thanks for a great day”
“Very good and free parking facilities”
“Well organised and informative”
“Met some lovely people”
“My first conference and truly excellent – thank you and we will be back next year”
“Thank you for a wonderful and beneficial day”
“It was our first conference and was great”
“A big thank you”